Naturopathy is a natural healing technique using the healing powers of nature. The principle of Naturopathy is that the accumulation of toxins is the root cause of all diseases. Prevention and elimination of toxins is the route to health. Treatments are based on the 5 great elements of nature that have immense healing properties. There is no role of internal medications in the nature cure system.
The Five great elements of nature and the treatments based on them are:
- Earth – Mud baths, Mud packs,
- Water – Hydrotherapeutic methods in the form of Baths, Jets, Douches, Packs, Compresses, Immersions
- Air – Breathing exercises, Outdoor walking, Open air baths
- Fire – Sun baths, Thermoleum baths, Magnetised water, Colour charged oils / water
- Ether – Fasting therapy
Other Naturopathic Therapies:
- Oriental healing techniques like Reflexology, Acupressure, Acupuncture and Auriculotherapy
- Food and Nutrition
This multi disciplinary approach uses the healing power of natural resources like foods, herbs, earth, water, air, sun and magnets to allow the body to heal itself. It helps in degenerative and chronic conditions like asthma and arthritis, gastro-intestinal problems and hypertension.
EARTH – MUD THERAPY
Of the five elements of nature, mud represents Earth and has tremendous impact on the maintenance of health and prevention of diseases. Minerals and trace elements present in the mud are known for its renowned effects and healing properties. Mud also has the remarkable property of holding moisture for a long time, which has a cooling effect on the part of the body applied.
- Helps improve circulation and relax the muscles
- Improves the digestive activity and sets right the metabolism
- Local application helps relieve inflammations, swellings and reduces pain
- Excellent in skin conditions without open lesions
- Helps bring down blood pressure
- Nourishes the skin
- Conditions the hair
- Specific kind of application relieves the stiffness of joints
Frequent application of mud helps in improving the complexion of the skin by getting rid of spots and patches, which appear in various skin disorders. Mud baths are also generally recommended for all skin diseases, including psoriasis, leucoderma and urticaria and other allergic conditions of the skin.
Using special Natural Muds high in natural minerals and salts the pack is applied on the entire body except the head.
Dead Sea Mud Body Wrap
The mud from the Dead Sea is highly saturated with natural salts and minerals like calcium chloride, iron and sulphates. These minerals are known for their renowned effects and healing properties.
- It cleanses, exfoliates, draws out toxins, hydrates and improves the flow of nutrients to the skin surface
Moor Mud Body Wrap
This mud is from the boggy lake and marshland in Austria, which is home to a rich inheritance of plants and herbs, some of which are unique It contains about 300 medicinal herbs, lipids, enzymes, essential oils, minerals and vitamins.
- Good for acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin disorders
- A natural anti-inflammatory
- Good for rheumatism and arthritic conditions
- Helps break down cellulite by stimulating the circulation and lymphatic system
Great Salt Lake Mud Body Wrap
The whole body is covered with this mud which is composed of pure natural clay and a trace elements and minerals blend product from the Great Salt Lake.
- Restores and revitalizes the skin for a healthy appearance
- Excellent for psoriasis, eczema, acne and other skin irritants
Hungarian Wellness Mud Body Wrap
- Improves the skin cells metabolism and gently soothes irritation
- Provides firmness and strength and deeply penetrates the tissues to help clear stored toxins
WATER – HYDROTHERAPY
This uses the therapeutic properties of water. This medium was made use in therapeutics hundreds of years ago. Water has great healing properties and exhibits different properties at different temperatures. The temperature of the water for any treatment depends on the effect desired. Kellogg is considered to be the Father of Hydrotherapy.
Water is used internally and externally in all its forms- steam, liquid or ice, to cleanse and restore health. It is used in the form of Baths, Jets/Douches, Packs, Compresses and Immersions to name a few.
Drinking a specific amount of water also has therapeutic effects:
- Helps maintain hydration of the body
- Helps in proper secretion of body fluids and maintenance of Ph.
- Aids digestion and prevents constipation
- Improves skin condition and nourishes it
- Maintains the flexibility of joints
- Helps in detoxification
This helps cleanse and detoxify even the internal cavities of the face.
Arm and Foot Bath
- Relieves localized pain and inflammations
- Relieves congestive headaches
- Relieves the spasms of the bronchioles and facilitates easy breathing as in asthma and bronchitis
- Excellent for relieving the numbness and tingling in the extremities as in diabetes mellitus
- Stimulates the circulation towards the pelvic and digestive organs relieves constipation, flatulence and indigestion
- Helps set right the menstrual disorders like dysmenorrhoea, menorrhagia, leucorrhoea
- Helps strengthen the hips and lumbar sacral spine and the coccyx and relieves pain if any
- Beneficial in relieving haemorrhoids
Spinal Bath / Anti-Stress Bath
- Stimulates the spinal nerves
- Relaxes the paraspinal muscles
- Helps maintain the blood pressure
- Helps in regulating the moods like anxiety or depression
- Relaxes irritable nerves
Exposing the entire body with the exception of the head to a superheated atmosphere helps in many ways. Steam inhalation helps decongest the respiratory tract
- Medicated ayurvedic or herbal steam helps rejuvenate the body
- Helps open up the skin pores
- Helps remove the toxins of the skin through sweating
- Helps the skin maintain its natural moisture and softness
This treatment allows an in-depth detoxification of the areas which are swollen, blocked or sensitive and helps to restore the vitality of the skin and the body. There are several packs like abdomen, knee, trunk, shoulder, ankle and neck packs.
- Relieves inflammation and swellings
- Improves circulation
- Relieves the stiffness and spasms of muscles and joints
HYDRO JETS / DOUCHES
These spa treatments help refresh, stimulate and boost vitality of the body. They improve the peripheral blood circulation and stimulate the nervous system.
This is the application of water in the form of a pack wrung out in water of different temperatures.
- Helps in detoxification of areas which are swollen, blocked or sensitive
- Excellent for tight sore muscles, edema, cellulite
- Stimulates the blood and lymph stream
- Gives soothing, refreshing, calming and decongesting qualities
It is one of the hydrotherapeutic techniques where the body locally or wholly is immersed in water of different temperatures.
- Helps improve the circulation to the part immersed and also the peripheral circulation
- Helps relieve edema
- Useful in treating skin disorders
- Helps to relieve congestion of the reflex regions thereby relieving symptoms of asthma, migraine, insomnia, etc
COLONIC HYDROTHERAPY / IRRIGATION
The colon is the seat of all toxins in the body. This detoxifying treatment involves a soothing gentle flow of filtered, temperature-controlled water throughout the colon to flush out logged waste and toxins.
- Helps bring about efficient elimination of waste products
- Helps restore tissue and organ function
- Rebalances body chemistry
An Oriental healing technique used to relax the nerves and release the trapped energy. There are energy zones that run throughout the body and reflex areas in the feet that correspond to all the major organs, glands and parts of the body. Based on the principle that reflex points in the feet and palms correlate to individual organs and parts of the body, manipulations on these reflexes help stimulate the organs. It helps those suffering from insomnia, menstrual problems and pains.
- Reduces stress and induces deep relaxation
- Improves circulation
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Brings the whole system into balance
- Vitalises energy
- A preventive healthcare by enhancing the immune system
- Helps encourage healing in combination with specific treatments
This natural Oriental healing technique uses applied pressure to specific points on the body to relax trapped nerves and release blockages. It is used both as a preventive and curative therapy. It helps alleviate pain, fatigue and addresses musculoskeletal problems.
- Induces relaxation and restores balance
- Stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic system
- The therapeutic touch stimulates certain chemicals in the brain that boost the immune system, lifts depression and relieves stress
Chinese Acupuncture works by using fine needles painlessly applied to specific points around the body to stimulate channels of energy flow allowing the body to balance itself. It helps in migraines, pains, sciatica and allergies like asthma and sinusitis.
- Effective in alleviating pain particularly in painful recurring diseases
- Relaxation of muscle spasm so that the toxicity held in the muscle and internal organs and glands is released
- Promotes healing and rebalancing of the subtle bodies and physical body
All the internal organs of the body and the most vital functions like heart rate, blood pressure, etc and also thirst, hunger, etc are represented in each ear. By pricking needles in these regions we are aiming at stimulating and normalizing the functions of these organs.
There are also points which help get rid of addictions, increase or decrease appetite, raise or lower blood pressure, heart rate and pulse rate.
NUTRITION & DIETETICS
Using food as medicine, an individually devised, wholesome and natural diet is aimed at balancing nutritional deficiencies, combating allergies, digestive disorders and building resistance to disease. Medical nutrition therapy and specific diet strategies are advised for chronic conditions, illnesses, or injuries.
There are different types of massages dependent on the materials and techniques used. To add to the experience we have soft soothing music and aromatic oils to stimulate the senses.
ENERGY BALANCE MASSAGE
This cream massage is soothing and is ideal for stress relief, relaxation and as a remedial treatment for physical and emotional problems.
A therapeutic massage using a variety of manipulations helps eliminate toxic accumulation which causes stress, fatigue, muscular aches and pains.
This massage is based on the theory that the body is made up of 72,000 sen or energy lines. Many of these channels correspond to Chinese meridians while others correspond to the concepts of Nadis from the Ayurvedic medical science. The massage helps stretch and stimulate the body. The patterns of gentle rocking, stretching and rhythmic compressions opens up blockages on the energy lines.
- Helps remove blockages and improve vitality
- Opens the joints and balances all the major muscle groups in the body
- Suitable for long term injuries
- Builds a high level of fitness
- Bring one into a deeply relaxed state
- Helps one become more flexible
With the help of hot or cold packs the massage is done to stimulate or relax the body.
This massage under water helps balance the pressure within the body. It makes the body feel lighter as the body under water increases the buoyancy of the body.
- Relieves joint stiffness
- Relieves muscle spasms
- Improves the circulation especially peripheral circulation
- Activates the functions of the skin
This gentle massage without oil/cream helps stimulate the area.
AROMA OIL MASSAGE
A very relaxing and refreshing massage using the aromatic oils that have very specific properties and effects on the body.
- Refreshing to the senses and mind
- Highly relaxes and calms the mind
- Sets right the metabolic disorders
- Improves the skin condition and nourishes it
This is the treatment of diseases with the healing powers of magnets. Magnets are natural substances which exhibit different properties on different poles. The same properties of magnetism are exhibited in humans as well. It is this similarity which helps in therapeutic administration.
It is a totally non-invasive therapy where no medications or radiations are involved and no side effects are seen. Through the application of magnetic field on the body, it has proved beneficial in certain diseases, especially in rheumatic and muscular aches and pains, as it has the power of draining pains out of the body. It is contraindicated in case of those having pace makers, pregnancies or carcinomas.
It is the art and skill of balancing body energy with body structure through touch. This is a hands-on bodywork system designed to align energy of the body with the physical structure.
CRANIO SACRAL THERAPY
This subtle technique listens to the rhythm of the body particularly the spinal column which in turn helps release the natural flow of energy within the body. Latent injuries be they physical or emotional will help get healed.